Changing your contact details

IMPORTANT: We are developing a new online system for Justices of the Peace (JPs). In preparation for the launch of this system, applications to change your contact details are temporarily closed until April 2019.

The Code of Conduct for JPs requires you to advise the Department of Attorney General and Justice in writing of a change in your contact details.

The contact details which the Department needs are:

  • your postal address
  • your residential address
  • your email address, if you have one
  • your private mobile, business or home telephone number (mobile is best if you wish to receive SMS alerts from the Department)
  • the telephone number on which you can be contacted for JP services and the suburb where you provide JP services (if you are listed on the Public Register of JPs).

You can also advise us of changes to your contact details by sending a written request to us by post, fax or email.

No longer reside in NSW?

As a JP for NSW, you can only perform JP functions when you are physically present in NSW. If you no longer permanently reside in NSW, you should resign your commission in NSW. Resignations must be in writing and sent to us by post, fax or email.

Questions about JP procedures?

Read or download the latest edition of the JP Handbook.

Want a Certificate?

JPs can purchase a Certificate of Appointment for their home or office.